Your teeth can progress toward becoming stained by surface stains or by changes inside the tooth.
There are three main types of tooth staining:
- Extraneous – This happens when the external layer of the tooth (the enamel) is discolored. Coffee, wine, cola or different beverages or foods can discolor teeth. Smoking also causes surface stains.
- Intrinsic – These are stains where the internal structure of the tooth (the dentin) fades or gets a yellow tint.
- Age-related – This is a mix of extrinsic and intrinsic stains. Dentin yellows after some time. The enamel covering the teeth gets thinner with age, allowing the dentin to appear on the outside surface of the tooth. Supplements and smoking can recolor teeth as people get older. Finally, cracks or some injuries can stain a tooth, particularly when the pulp has been harmed.
Brightening up your smile is as simple as visiting teeth whitening treatment dentist Austin for teeth whitening treatment, or getting one of the many at-home teeth whitening treatment alternatives. Just replacing your customary toothpaste with whitening toothpaste is an incredible method to begin whitening your teeth slowly. Using a whitening mouthwash, trying whitening pens, strips or plate are popular teeth whitening treatment options.
There are numerous approaches to teeth whitening – from whitening toothpaste that can remove surface stains costing almost nothing, to light-focused whitening systems in a dentist’s office costing to $1,000 and can deliver amazing results.
The best teeth whitening procedures work in two different ways:
Bleaching products change your natural tooth color, somewhere in the range of five to seven shades lighter. In-office teeth whitening and at-home teeth whitening both depend on bleaching. Bleaches contain carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide in a concentration of 10-22%, which helps remove both deep and surface stains.
- A light-focussed whitening session with the teeth whitening treatment dentist Austin, also called professional bleaching can cost $500 or more and results are instant and significantly whiter teeth. In case, after a year or so of eating and drinking coffee, tea, soda pops, your teeth become marginally stained again and develop new stains.
- A custom mouthpiece made by your teeth whitening treatment dentist Austin for at-home teeth whitening costs around $300, and you normally wear it a few hours per day or for about fourteen days. When you see new stains, simply wear the mouthpiece again for some time to remove stains.
- Over-the-counter items for teeth whitening, those found in a drugstore include bite plate application, whitening gels connected with a brush, and whitening strips in a price range of $10.00 to $45.00.
All patients react differently to various teeth. A few people react well to whitening toothpaste, while individuals with stained teeth or serious staining may require porcelain veneers to achieve the smile they’ve always wanted. Ask your teeth whitening treatment dentist Austin to better understand which of the best teeth whitening procedures is the most appropriate for you. Contact or visit Austin Dental Care for teeth whitening treatment.