Primary Treatment Tips from Pediatric Dentists in Austin, Texas
Medical emergencies tend to make people panic. If medical emergencies involve children, the situation becomes even more stressful. This is similar in case of dental emergencies as well.
Children are highly energetic and physically active, making them prone to teeth related injuries. In such dental emergencies, parents or guardians should not lose their cool and have a good presence of mind to properly address the situation.
What Are Some of The Most Prevalent Dental Emergencies in Children?
Pediatric dentists in Austin, Texas, have been addressing dental problems in children. According to them, there are some common dental emergencies your child might face at home or in other places. Although there are 24 hr emergency dentists in Austin, TX, some dental emergencies can be primarily handled by a parent. Below mentioned are the steps that can be taken by a parent to give some immediate relief to a child’s dental emergencies.
Tooth Loss & Bleeding Gums in Babies
- A parent can use a clean folded cloth or a gauze and apply mild pressure on the affected area for about 10-15 minutes to control the bleeding.
- The child needs to sit still rather than rest in the sleeping position.
- In case the bleeding doesn’t stop, the parent can reapply the pressure with another clean cloth or gauze.
- If the bleeding still doesn’t stop, the parent needs to immediately take the child Pediatric dentists in Austin, Texas.
- Thoroughly rinse the child’s mouth with warm salted water or plain water.
- Floss the child’s teeth to help remove any foreign particles that can cause pain.
- Applying cold compresses outside the cheek at the pain area can also provide relief.
- Rinse the mouth and the injured area with plain warm water.
- Apply a cold compress on the area of the face where the tooth has broken.
- If it is possible, collect the broken tooth parts.
- Visit 24 hr emergency dentist in Austin, Texas.
- With the help of water, clean the tooth and make sure that you hold the crown and not the root.
- It is advisable not to detach any tissue fragments left connected to the knocked-out tooth.
- Place the tooth in saline water or milk to preserve it.
- Pediatric dentists in Austin, Texas, recommend that the knocked-out can be reinserted within an hour of falling. So the parent needs to take the child to the 24 hr emergency dentist in Austin, Texas before it gets late.
- Parents can use an eraser to help move the broken wire into a safe place.
- The above step has to be done carefully so that the wire is not further broken.
- The ends of the wire need to be covered with cotton or gauze.
- Once the primary step is taken, the child has to be taken to emergency dentist Austin.